WotlK Racial Changes
posted on September 08, 2008 08:45 Tagged in: World Of Warcraft
Kalgan has posted about a variety of changes being made to Racial Abilities in the near future:
- Hardiness now reduces the duration of stun effects by 15%
- Racial Passive "The Voodoo Shuffle": Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!
- Berserking: no longer has an activation cost of energy/rage/etc
- Gift of the Naaru: The amount healed is increased based on the caster's Spell Power or Attack Power, whichever is higher. This ability does not lose casting time from taking damage.
- Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 2%
- Frost Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Frost spells by 2%
- Racial Passive "Mace Specialization": Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 5.
- Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 1% (yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials)
- Will of the Forsaken: removes any fear, sleep, or charm effect (no longer has a lasting immunity).
- Quickness: reduces the chance to be hit by melee or ranged attacks by 2%
- Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 3%
- Endurance: now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear
- Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 2%
- Escape Artist: the freeing effect can no longer be resisted
- Arcane Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%
- Mana Tap: ability removed (partially integrated into Arcane Torrent)
- Arcane Torrent: restores 15 energy, 15 runic power, or 6% of mana to the Blood Elf (along with the current 2s silence effect)
- Magic resistance: (unknown, possibly reduces chance to be hit by all spell schools by 1%)
- Perception: changed to a passive, now grants one character level of passive stealth detection
- Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown
- Racial Passive "Human Supremacy": The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)
- The Human Spirit: spirit bonus lowered to 5%
Monday, September 8, 2008 9:14 AM
@Night Elf - Lame.
so is quickness now factored into dodge?
Monday, September 8, 2008 9:21 AM
Dunno. These changes aren't live yet on the beta forums.
Monday, September 8, 2008 9:54 AM
@Human - Perception: changed to a passive
After playing a Horde rogue, I have to admit that perception is seriously OP'd
Monday, September 8, 2008 12:53 PM
You know the game is in trouble when they are tweaking things like this. Honestly... after almost 5 years are they saying that the racial bonuses are unbalanced??
Sigh... R.I.P. World of Warcraft.
I think I'll be moving on to other games.
Monday, September 8, 2008 3:32 PM
Dang... now I have to rethink my Death Knight race...
CHOSEN! That's the race! mwahahaha
Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:57 PM
@Tinus - I don't think that's entirely fair. They've changed around a tremendous amount of this game and AS A RESULT they have to rebalance the whole system INCLUDING the racials. There was a significant amount of change from WoW -> TBC, but more so this time around as we go from TBC -> WotLK.
I'll be on WoW - for quite some time too. (That doesn't mean I wont be elsewhere too!)